Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Yesterday I only remember passing one lake.  Today I only did encounter  one lake, but it was a LAKE and it will take me a few more days to pass it.  Lake Michigan is impressive.  And I am only going by a small section of it.

Even though I am only slowly going north ( mostly east) I can tell that the tree's are gradually changing to evergreens.  Still pretty.  Still a lot of them.

Am trying to dodge the weather.  It should be better tomorrow and for a few days.  We have had a lot of unpredictable rain.  Luckily last night and tonight I finished before the rains got here.

Road kill account.   Another Porcupine!!.  And frogs and snakes.  Not much to report, really.  I was on a major highway most of the day.  Spending the night in Manistique. Michigan.

I think one of the best things about the trip is how much I am learning about the country.  I have glanced at Michigan on the map, but didn't really know anything about it.  I was listening to the weather last night and they were talking about two "lake effects" at the same.  One from Lake Superior and one from Lake Michigan.  Makes for interesting weather.

Thank you everyone for all of the birthday greetings ( mostly on Facebook).

Til next time.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday Alan! I'm glad that you are having a great time.

    T

    ReplyDelete