Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday, Sept. 22 , 2013

In Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada.  The trip today was good. Got to ride on bike trails again. It certainly makes a difference.  It didn't rain today!!!! And it does look clear for 5 days or so.  A bit cool this morning - low 40's.  One more day of cool weather and then it will start to warm up a bit.
It is definitely fall.  I finally found a store that sells long underwear.  In Michigan they don't think it is cold enough yet.

Ontario is similar to the Michigan that I just left.  Agricultural.  Rode by some fairly large apple orchards.  Then we have the usual corn, soybeans, etc.  The speed limit seems to be lower here, so I feel a little safer on the road.  I will need to practice my kilometer estimations.  So far I haven't been good at it.

Very courteous people helping me to get where I need to be.
I am getting a bit homesick.  The biking is still really good.  It would just be nice to be around familiar things. Now at least 2/3 of the way done. Almost 3/4.  In two days I will hit the 3,000 mile mark.  Feels good.

Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment