Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday, August 7, 2013


Another good day.  Some climbing to start with(not my strength).  But once at the top, it was beautiful riding.  Lakes, streams, trees meadows.  It was also cooler -mostly because I rode earlier in the day.

Ran into three women from the east coast coming this way.  It is always good to touch base with other riders.  They were young and enthusiastic -strong riders.  I met them at the top of a hill that they were climbing.  They weren't breathing hard.  Not the case for me.

In Ione, Washington.  Great campground.  Mostly set up for RV's, but the tent situation is fantastic.  And they even have wi fi.
 I think I have a day of riding in valleys tomorrow.  That will be different. It has been mountain passes for a long, long time.

Having some issues with the bike, but there are three bike shops in Sandpoint, Idaho.  So I can hopefully find some help there.  I've done mechanical things on the bike, but I am not very good at it. And it is a different kettle of fish out here on the road.

It has been good to not hear the news.  The news for me is related to the weather and the people I meet.  Different way of looking at things.  Til next time.Might be a few days without the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment