Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I should have been at work yesterday, so I actually feel like I am offficially retired.  Yeah!
I was all ready to import pictures into this blog.  I downloaded all the pictures from my camera onto the IPad, but for some reason, the blog is not giving me the choice of importing those pictures.  So, I will forgo that.  Today was somewhat great and somewhat brutal.  I went over Sherman Pass (5,500 feet).  and ended up doing 56 miles all together.  And it was in the high 90's.

But things are still going well.  I can't believe I complained about the cold and wet earlier.  I guess that is the beauty of being outside and in the weather.  Put the coat on, take it off.  Get the rain gear ready, use it or not depending on what happens.

Meeting all kinds of people.  A couple from Germany and a couple of guys from Slovenia yesterday. I think what is interesting is that the conversations have little to do with our lives outside of biking.  We want to know where others stayed.  What kind of camp places were available.  How bad were the passes to get over.  That kind of thing.  Lots and lots of kind and nice people.  I was running out of water today and a retired tech teacher from Vancouver dug into his stash of water and saved my butt.

A coyote ran across the road in front of me yesterday.  A treat.  I'm getting to know the bug kingdom on personal level.

The tent has been great and campgrounds fantastic.

Spending the night in Colville, Washington.  I don't have any more giant passes to go over, but tomorrow still will be a day of climbing.  The last one for a while.

I'll look into what is going on with the picttures.

No comments:

Post a Comment