Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I got to Glacier today and couldn't take all of the cars and people.  It was crazy.  So I went round Glacier to the south.  I think it was the middle fork of the Flathead river the we followed(I refer to "we" sometimes in reference to me and my bike)..  Much, much better as per the crazy cars and people.  Struggled today with not knowing when to refuel and rehydrate.  Part of that had to do with the lack of  the number of people(not as many places to get food, etc.)

I had planned to camp at the summit of the pass(Marias?), but when I got there the signs indicated that it was bear  country and to use hard sided bear proof containers for food.  When in Washington, the bear proof containers were part of the camp site.  This turned out to be a bring your own situation.  As I didn't have any, it was off down the pass to East Glacier.  A few too many miles today, but such is the life of a vagabond cyclist.

Radical change in the vegetation on this side of the mountain.  I will have to be much more aware of carrying enough water and not riding into the hot afternoon.  This stage of riding will be much, much different.  The mountains will be in my rear view mirror.  Hello plains.  How do you do.

Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment