Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The fall foliage has been stunning.  Hard to take pictures of, but easy to appreciate and have one's breath taken away.
I ate breakfast with a group of photographers who meet somewhere in New England every fall to take photo's together.  They come from all over the country to spend time together each year.  They said that this is the most vibrant and colorful they have seen in all the years they have been getting together.  I feel lucky and blessed.

Today was one of those days when the best plans didn't turn out that great.  I had planned to ride 50 miles and then stay in a bed and breakfast in a town a bit away from others.  I even tried to call the B&B.  Got a recording, but they used the name of the B&B in the recording.  Phone service was spotty and I lost the call.  So, I rode to the town and was told that the B&B had closed.

So I rode an extra 25 miles.  That is harder to do in the hills.  Tonight, I will sleep well.

Tomorrow, Vermont.  Passing through Ticonderoga, N.Y. on the way.  Big mountains coming up.

At the most, two weeks left in the trip.  Partly depending on the weather.

Feel good (and tired).

Til next time.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Alan! It sounds like you are having an amazing trip. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete