Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday, Oct 11, 2013

Ate in an amazing diner in Waldoboro, Maine.  In the same family since 1927.  Really busy.  I felt sorry for the Asian restaurant across the street.  Two cars.  About 30 cars in this parking lot.  Hard to find a table, but I got in right away by sitting at the counter.  Went with the seafood platter. When in Maine.  Nice sayings  on the wall - things like. "Pie makes all things better".  They sold pie not by the slice, but by the Slab.  Giant pieces.

It was fun.

Saw the strangest roadkill yet.  A Starfish.  It was on the shoulder and it was flattened. But, I'm pretty sure that it didn't get there without some help.

Today's drama was leaving my leg warmers by the side of the road.  I stopped to take them off and decided to eat a bit as long as I was stopped.  I guess I can't do more than one thing at a time.  Luckily, I was only a mile or so up the road when I figured out that they were still back where I took them off.  They are important.  My only warm piece of riding clothes for the legs.  It has been in the high 30's and low 40's when I get on the road in the morning.

Two more riding days.  Hard to relate to that.  Excited, emotional, relieved.  All mixed together.

Nice riding days.  Cold in the morning, but nice soon after.  Still too many hills for my preference, but really beautiful. I think I will go with seafood of some kind tonight also.

Til next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alan! I have really enjoyed your posts telling of your journey. I try to read your blog 2-3 times a week. What a great experience. I hope you have great pics to show us when you get home. Today, we have a heavy frost, the first one! Funny that last week, we were looking at 15-20 inches of snow.
    T

    ReplyDelete