Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wednesday, Oct 9, 2013

Interesting two days.  Yesterday I got lost again.  The maps I use don't necessarily align in a north/south direction.  It gets me in trouble sometimes.  Stayed in an incredibly elegant bed and breakfast in Naples, Maine.  The dining room was all decked out.  China, several sizes of glasses, ringed napkin holders.  All color coordinated, of course.  5 tables of 8 places per table.  But since it is off season, I was the only one at breakfast.  Normally, I couldn't afford to stay in such places.  I looked at it on line and decided to call anyway.  They gave me an incredible deal.  Very nice people.

Back to live wild turkeys (although these turkeys were very reserved and standoffish- kind of like the people I have met in Maine) and roadkill porcupines and raccoons.

Today's dilemma was a detour.  I will have a different take on detours from now on.  In a car they are usually no big deal.  On a bike, it is usually a BIG deal.

Maine is different.  I can't put my finger on it yet.  Lots of tree's and hills. Very pretty.  But there is something different about it.

Am in Brunswick, Maine.  In many ways you could say I have completed the coast to coast thing.   But my trip ends in Bar Harbor.  So, I will be hugging the coast for the next four days.

Still good, but I am getting tired of riding over hills and I am definitely looking forward to coming home.

Til next time.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are stilll enjoying yourself Mr. V! I am of course working -- getting ready for on-line enrollment once again and......listening to my CHRISTMAS MUSIC in my office! It just doesn't get any better than that. Let it snow. You ride safely and take care. Bev

    ReplyDelete